Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Beginning of a New Year

So 2009 is here at last. Personally, I thought 2008 would never end. That sure was one for the books.

I know lots of people are posting New Years Resolutions these days, but I hate those, as they're doomed to failure. Instead, I'd offer this outstanding video from Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band, which seems to me to be just about the best possible way to approach the coming year. It's called "Dream Big," and it's a great song to take to heart, especially in these troubled times. We've all lost so much, whether you measure that loss in dollars and sense, hope, jobs, lifestyle, or whatever, and often our dreams are the only things we have left. Shupe expresses thise perfectly.

I've just discovered this band, and I really think they're great. Another song that's a personal favorite is "Even Superman," a really touching tune.

So here's wishing everyone a healthy, happy and prosperous 2009. After the last few years, we deserve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment